About University of Johannesburg UJ Business School
The Faculty of Economic and Financial Sciences (FEFS) offers a BAcc degree, selection of BCom degrees and diplomas aimed at meeting the growing demand for skills in the fields of accountancy, financial economics and econometrics, and finance.
The Faculty is well-recognised for the following:
- National leadership in producing candidate chartered accountants and chartered management accountants;
- The provision of competitive programmes in the fields of financial management, financial planning and investment management;
- Up-to-date training of economists and econometricians, endowing them with relevant quantitative and financial skills; and
- Market-related range of diplomas in Accounting, Credit Management and Financial Services Operations.
To be a faculty of academic distinction by internationally recognised standards, embracing the challenges of complexity and diversity of its African environment, in its endeavour to advance knowledge and skills aimed at capacity-building in the field of Economics and Econometrics, Finance and Accountancy.
- Engage the national and international academic community
- Advance quality research
- Provide first-class education
- Establish an enabling academic/working environment
- Add to the productive capacity of the country through quality research, effective teaching and relevant programmes
- Training of chartered accountants, including efforts to increase the number of Black chartered accountants in the country.
- Economics and Econometrics training for potential and existing practitioners in the financial sector.