Epilepsy South Africa Educational Trust Bursary 2024-2025
ABOUT THE COMPANY – EPILEPSY SOUTH AFRICA
Epilepsy South Africa, formerly known as the South African National Epilepsy League (SANEL), was established in 1967. It is a non-profit organization and the only national organization in South Africa that provides comprehensive and specialized services to individuals affected by epilepsy and other disabilities. The organization’s mission is to promote human rights and create a society that is inclusive for people living with disabilities, particularly those with epilepsy.
Epilepsy South Africa is dedicated to improving the lives of its target group, including South Africans with intellectual disabilities, hydrocephalus, and speech impairments. The organization has a National Office located in Cape Town and six other regional branches across the country.
The Epilepsy South Africa Educational Trust was formed in 1998 with the goal of providing partial financial support to tertiary students with epilepsy.
ABOUT THE EPILEPSY SOUTH AFRICA BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE & SELECTION
The Epilepsy South Africa Educational Trust invites students with epilepsy to apply for bursary funding for the 2024-2025 academic year. Bursaries are available for any field of study at the tertiary level. The bursary covers tuition fees only, and it is provided on a partial basis. Accommodation and other expenses are not covered.
The bursary is awarded for one academic year at a time, and students must reapply for funding each year. Bursaries may be withdrawn if students do not maintain a satisfactory academic record or do not fulfill the bursary agreement.
Bursary recipients will receive their funds directly into their student accounts at their institutions, paid in two tranches. Recipients are required to inform the Trust if they receive any other bursary awards. They must also attend the Annual General Meeting of the National Office or a Branch.
After graduation and finding employment, bursary beneficiaries are required to contribute regularly to the Trust to ensure its sustainability and funding for future students. They will also have the opportunity to volunteer within Epilepsy South Africa to gain knowledge of issues related to the condition.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE EPILEPSY SOUTH AFRICA BURSARY
To be eligible for the Epilepsy South Africa Bursary, applicants must meet the following minimum entry criteria:
- South African citizenship.
- Diagnosis of epilepsy.
- Membership in Epilepsy South Africa at the Branch level or national level.
- Completion of Matric or currently in Matric.
- Enrollment or intention to enroll at a South African university for any field of study.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE EPILEPSY SOUTH AFRICA BURSARY
To apply for the Epilepsy South Africa Educational Trust Bursary, follow these steps:
- Download and complete the Epilepsy South Africa Educational Trust Bursary Application Form (PDF).
- Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (compulsory):
- ID document (certified copy).
- Matric latest exam results (certified copy) if currently in Matric.
- Matric certificate (certified copy) if completed Matric.
- Latest exam results (certified copy) if currently studying at the tertiary level.
- Proof of acceptance at a tertiary institution for the 2024-2025 academic year.
- Proof of family income for parents/guardians (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of SASSA grant or pension if applicable).
- Proof of epilepsy (certified copy of doctor or clinic letter).
- Proof of Epilepsy SA membership (obtainable from the Branch).
- Declaration of any other bursaries or awards received.
- Details of how your studies will help make a difference to others with epilepsy.
- For applicants under 18 years old, the application must be signed by a parent/guardian.
- Submit your application and supporting documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the following address:
The Secretary Epilepsy South Africa Educational Trust PO Box 1070 Springs 1560
CLOSING DATE FOR THE EPILEPSY SOUTH AFRICA BURSARY
The closing date for bursary applications is 31 October. Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted. It is essential to apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any inquiries related to this bursary program, please contact Epilepsy South Africa directly:
- National Office
- Tel: 021 556 3753 / 021 903 1479
- Email: email@example.com