Feenix Student Debt Bursaries 2024-2025
Feenix is a Public Benefit Organisation (PBO) and crowdfunding platform that was launched in response to the #FeesMustFall movement that gained momentum among South African tertiary students in 2015 and 2016. Standard Bank is one of the founding partners of Feenix. The organization’s primary focus is on assisting public university students by providing three channels of support:
- Crowdfunding: Students can share their personal stories on the crowdfunding website to raise funds for their outstanding university fees.
- Bursary Program: Feenix collaborates with organizations to provide funding to university students with outstanding student debt.
- Full Student Support: Students receive holistic development support to ensure their success in university and the working world.
About the Feenix Bursary Program:
Feenix offers two types of bursary programs for 2024-2025:
- Feenix 2024-2025 Graduate Bursary: This program is designed for students who have completed their undergraduate degree in 2019, 2020, or 2021. It is available for fields such as Engineering, Data Science, Information Technology, Finance, and Commerce.
- Feenix 2024-2025 Debt Bursary: This program is intended for students in their final year of undergraduate degree studies in fields like Engineering, Data Science, Information Technology, and Finance.
Feenix provides partial or full coverage for outstanding student debt, including tuition and accommodation expenses. Bursary recipients also gain access to the “Blackbullion South Africa” financial literacy platform to improve their financial decision-making skills.
Bursary recipients are required to provide progress updates over the next 12 months for funder reporting purposes. Candidates shortlisted for the Feenix Debt Bursary must prove their degree completion by February 2024-2025, and bursary awards will be disbursed in March 2024-2025. Successful applicants will be notified via telephone and email.
To qualify for the Feenix Bursary, applicants must meet specific criteria, including being South African citizens, aged 35 or younger, and pursuing degrees in designated fields of study. Financial eligibility is also taken into account.
How to Apply:
Applicants should apply online using the respective application forms for the Feenix 2024-2025 Graduate Bursary or the Feenix 2024-2025 Debt Bursary. Ensure that all required documents are submitted along with the application.
The closing date for applications for the Feenix Bursary is 30 November 2024-2025. Late applications will not be accepted.
For inquiries about the Feenix Bursary program, contact Feenix directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 063 968 7544.