Hillary Construction Bursary 2024-2025
About Hillary Construction: Empowering Future Engineers and Surveyors
Established in 1963, Hillary Construction is a renowned civil engineering contracting company with its headquarters in Polokwane. Founded by Bill Hillary and Irene Hillary, this family-owned business initially started as an earthmoving company and evolved into a leading player in the construction industry. Hillary Construction operates not only in South Africa but also across borders, including Botswana, Namibia, and Zambia.
The company’s primary focus areas encompass bulk earthmoving, road rehabilitation, construction and maintenance, in-situ pavement layer recycling, gravel road upgrades to bitumen, airfield construction, earth dam construction, township development, and various other construction-related services. Hillary Construction has proudly partnered with prominent clients such as Anglo Platinum, Impala Platinum, De Beers, African Rainbow Minerals, Palabora Mining Company, South African National Roads Agency (SANRAL), Roads Agency Limpopo (RAL), Roads Authority in Windhoek, Namibia, Roads Development Agency in Zambia, the Botswana Government, Polokwane Municipality, as well as numerous local municipalities and private sector developers.
Hillary Construction Bursary Program: Shaping Future Leaders
Hillary Construction is committed to nurturing future talent within the engineering and surveying fields. The company offers a bursary program for the 2024 academic year, aiming to empower students pursuing National Diploma and Degree studies in the following disciplines:
- Civil Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
The bursary covers a range of expenses, including registration fees, tuition fees, examination fees, as well as monthly allowances for accommodation, food, travel expenses, and study-related equipment, subject to specific requests.
Recipients of the Hillary Construction bursary program have the unique opportunity to embark on a one-year Learnership in Road Construction during their Gap Year. Subsequent funding consideration for the following year is contingent upon performance during the Learnership.
Eligibility Criteria for the Hillary Construction Bursary
Aspiring candidates must meet the following minimum eligibility criteria:
- Citizenship: You must be either a South African citizen or a permanent resident in South Africa.
- Qualifications: Applicants should have successfully completed Matric with an exemption certificate.
- Field of Study: You must be enrolled in a National Diploma or Degree program in one of the specified fields of study.
- Educational Institution: You should be studying at a recognized and accredited University or University of Technology in South Africa.
- Minimum Matric Requirements:
- University Students: A minimum “C” symbol for Mathematics and Science in Matric.
- University of Technology Students: A minimum “D” symbol for Mathematics and Science in Matric.
- Academic Performance: A minimum overall average of 65% in your current studies.
How to Apply for the Hillary Construction Bursary
Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria can submit their applications by providing clear copies of the following compulsory supporting documents:
- Full tertiary academic record (on the institution’s letterhead).
- Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae.
All applications must be sent via email to: email@example.com, with the subject line: “Hillary Construction Bursary 2024.” Eligible candidates will receive the official application form from Hillary Construction.
Application Deadline for the Hillary Construction Bursary
The closing date for bursary applications is 30 November. Please ensure that your application is submitted before this date, as late applications will not be considered.
For any inquiries related to the Hillary Construction bursary program, please contact Hillary Construction directly through the following channels:
- Telephone: 015 293 1221
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Contact Page: Hillary Construction Contact (select the “bursary/ student” option from the drop-down box).
Hillary Construction’s commitment to fostering talent in engineering and surveying is evident through its bursary program. By providing financial support and opportunities for practical experience, the company empowers future leaders in these fields, contributing to the growth and development of the construction industry in South Africa and beyond.