Inscape Design college Architectural Drafting
South African Qualifications Authority identification number (SAQA ID): 97623
This Certificate gets you acquainted with architecture and the profession’s role within the built environment.
The purpose of the programme is to:
– Provide an introduction to the architectural profession and its role within the broader context of the Built Environment.
– Provide the learner with the skills, competencies and academic knowledge required to practice in the Built Environment as a “Candidate Architectural Draughtsperson” and after a period of supervised practical experience and / or other requirements as specified by the professional registration body, as an “Architectural Draughtsperson”.
– Create an early comprehensive exit level to:
- Allow ease of movement to other (related) fields of expertise
- Encourage lifelong learning by setting achievable milestones
- Introduce an academic qualification in the event of interrupted studies.
Competencies relating to Architectural Design theory and skills application include:
A. Design Theory
• The historical context of Design and Architecture
• The formulation of a design strategy for simple designs
B. Design Skill Application
• Resolving simple planning exercises
• Creative problem solving in the context of the built environment
Competencies relating to Construction Technology theory and skills application as it relates to the field of Architecture include:
A. Construction Technology Theory
• Elementary principles of: construction technology, materials applications and characteristics, services (plumbing, drainage and electrical)
• The principles governing SABS specifications and the National Building Regulations
B. Construction Technology Skill Application
• Appropriate application of elementary construction principles and details
• Appropriate use of materials and service installations (plumbing, drainage and electrical)
Competencies relating to written and verbal communication skills include:
• Industry specific terminology and language skills
• Introduction to research methodology
B. Skill Application
• Basic business communication methods
• Personal self-image projection
• Technical specification writing
• Correct referencing