Keaton Energy Mining Bursaries 2024-2025
Keaton Energy is a junior coal mining company in South Africa that produces coal for supply to Eskom and metallurgical coal for domestic industrial consumers. In 2017, Keaton Energy Holdings was acquired by Wescoal Holdings Limited, a company involved in various aspects of coal mining, processing, selling, supplying, and distribution in South Africa.
Here are the key details about the Keaton Mining Bursary Program:
Fields Covered: The Keaton Mining Bursary scheme aims to support students pursuing Engineering qualifications. Bursaries are available for the following fields of study:
For University of Technology students (National Diploma/ National Technical Diploma/ B Tech qualification):
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current & Light Current)
- Extraction Metallurgy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mine Survey
- Mining Engineering
For University students (degree):
- BSc Chemical Engineering
- BSc Electrical Engineering
- BSc Geology (undergraduate and honors)
- BSc Mechanical Engineering
- BSc Metallurgical Engineering
- BSc Mining Engineering
Coverage Value & Service Contract: The bursary covers various expenses, including registration fees, tuition fees, accommodation (or a living-out allowance), and a personal allowance for prescribed books, study materials, and pocket money. Bursary recipients are required to work for KEATON ENERGY (or their nominee) for a duration equal to the length of the bursary award upon completing their studies. Applicants are encouraged to review the contractual obligations on the bursary application form before applying.
Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible for the Keaton Mining Bursary, applicants must meet the following minimum entry criteria:
- Be a South African citizen.
- For University of Technology students: Currently in Matric or have completed Matric with a minimum of level 4 for Mathematics and Physical Science in Matric OR HG D/SG C for Mathematics and Physical Science in Matric, and be in possession of a Medical Certificate of Fitness or be fit enough to acquire one.
- For University students: Currently in Matric or have a bachelor’s pass in Matric, and be 21 years old or younger during the first year of study or 23 years old or younger during the second year of study.
- Studying (or intending to study) full-time in one of the specified fields of study.
- Studying (or accepted to study) at a recognized University or Institute of Technology in South Africa.
How to Apply: To apply for the bursary, download and complete the relevant Keaton Mining Bursary Application Form, which is available in PDF format for Technikon and University students. Submit the completed application form along with clear copies of the required supporting documentation, including your ID document, academic records, and proof of enrollment or acceptance to study at a University or Institute of Technology.
Applications must be sent to the following address: Group SLP Manager Keaton Energy Holdings (Pty) Limited Postnet Suite 464 Private Bag X51 BRYANSTON 2021
Closing Date: The closing date for the Keaton Mining Bursary is June 30 annually. Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted.
Contact Information: For any inquiries related to this bursary program, you can contact Keaton Energy directly at the following:
- Keaton Energy: Tel: 011 317 1700, Email: email@example.com
- Wescoal Holdings (Head Office): Tel: 011 049 8611
Please note that the information provided here is based on the details available in the document you provided and may not be up-to-date. If you or someone you know is interested in applying for this bursary, it’s advisable to verify the current application process and deadlines by contacting Keaton Energy or Wescoal Holdings directly or visiting their official websites.