Title: Mercedes-Benz Bursary Programme: Fields Covered and Application Details
Introduction: Mercedes-Benz South Africa is offering bursaries for the 2024 academic year. This article provides information about the fields covered by the Mercedes-Benz Bursary Programme, expenses covered, additional opportunities, selection process, eligibility requirements, application procedure, and contact details.
Fields Covered by the Mercedes-Benz Bursary Programme: The bursaries offered by Mercedes-Benz South Africa cover studies in the following fields:
- Analytical Chemistry / Chemical Engineering
- Computer Engineering / Information Technology / Software Development
- Electrical Engineering / Industrial Engineering / Mechanical Engineering
- Finance / Accounting / Economics
- Human Kinetics & Ergonomics
- Supply Chain / Logistics
Expenses Covered and Additional Opportunities:
The Mercedes-Benz Bursary Programme provides coverage for the following expenses: tuition fees, stationery, meals, accommodation, and allowances. Bursary recipients may also have the opportunity to participate in vacation work at Mercedes-Benz East London during holidays.
Selection Process and Eligibility Requirements:
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within four weeks of the closing date. Selection is based on third term and final year results. To be eligible for the Mercedes-Benz Bursary, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- South African citizenship (foreign nationals may apply if they qualify for a work visa/permit)
- Currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- Intending to study full-time in one of the specified fields in 2024
- Studying or intending to study at a recognized and accredited university in South Africa
- Minimum overall average of 70% in Matric (mid-year results for current Matrics and final results for completed Matrics)
- Engineering stream applicants: distinctions in Mathematics and/or Physical Science in Matric (mid-year results for current Matrics and final results for completed Matrics)
- Minimum overall average of 65% in the most recent university semester results (if currently studying)
- Not an employee of Mercedes-Benz South Africa Group of Companies
- Preference given to first and second-year students
- Preference given to students residing in the Eastern Cape province
- Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Application Procedure for the Mercedes-Benz Bursary:
Applicants must submit their applications online through the Mercedes-Benz Bursary Application 2024 portal. When prompted to indicate how you heard about the bursary, enter “Uni24.co.za“. The following supporting documents must be included:
- Certified copy of ID document
- Certified copy of Matric mid-year results (if currently in Matric)
- Certified copy of full academic record, including the most recent results (if currently studying)
- Curriculum Vitae
Closing Date and Contact Information:
The closing date for the Mercedes-Benz Bursary is 7 July. Applications received after this date will not be accepted. For queries related to the bursary programme, applicants can contact Amanda Leigh Abdo at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for queries only, and applications should not be sent to this email.
The Mercedes-Benz Bursary Programme offers financial support to South African students pursuing studies in various fields. By covering tuition fees, accommodation, and other expenses, the bursary aims to enable students to focus on their education. If you meet the eligibility criteria, submit your application online before the closing date and ensure all required documents are included. For further information and support, contact Mercedes-Benz South Africa directly using the provided email address.