Title: PPS Foundation Bursary: Unlocking Potential in STEM and Humanities
Introduction: The PPS Foundation, established in 2016, is dedicated to promoting access to Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) fields and nurturing the talents of young individuals in South Africa. By offering bursaries, the foundation aims to provide financial support and empower students to pursue tertiary studies in these critical sectors. PPS, an authorised financial services provider exclusively serving graduate professionals, founded the PPS Foundation as part of their commitment to investing in the future of South Africa.
About PPS Foundation:
As a mutual financial services provider, PPS is unique in its focus on graduate professionals. Recognizing the importance of STEM education and the need to develop skilled professionals, PPS established the foundation to create opportunities for students pursuing degrees in STEM and Humanities fields. Since its inception, the PPS Foundation has supported over 105 students in their tertiary studies.
The PPS Foundation Bursary program is currently open for applications for the 2024-2025 academic year. Bursaries are available for degree studies in STEM fields, which include Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. Additionally, bursaries are also offered for studies within the Humanities field.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for the PPS Foundation Bursary, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- South African citizenship
- Enrolled or intending to study full-time at a recognized public tertiary institution in South Africa (University or University of Technology)
- Household income not exceeding R600,000 per annum
- Preference given to students pursuing STEM degrees
- Preference given to previously disadvantaged and financially deserving Black candidates (African, Coloured, Indian)
Bursary Coverage and Obligations:
Successful bursary recipients will receive coverage for tuition fees, textbooks, and meals, as well as accommodation at university residences. The PPS Foundation also provides additional resources to support students throughout their learning and teaching experiences. First-year bursary recipients are required to attend on-campus contact support sessions facilitated by the foundation at specified times throughout the year. To continue receiving funding, bursary recipients must submit their statement of results at the end of each semester.
Application Process: To apply for the PPS Foundation Bursary, follow these steps:
- Visit the PPS Foundation Bursary Application 2024-2025 portal.
- Fill in the online application form and indicate that you heard about the bursary from www.zabursaries.co.za.
- Include all required supporting documents, such as certified copies of your ID document, academic records, proof of registration, financial statements, proforma invoices for prescribed books, and lease agreements (if applicable).
Note: The closing date for applications is 19 December. Ensure that your application is submitted before the deadline to be considered.
Contact Information: For any inquiries related to the PPS Foundation Bursary program, contact the PPS Foundation directly via email at email@example.com.
The PPS Foundation Bursary presents a remarkable opportunity for South African students to pursue their studies in STEM and Humanities fields. By providing financial support and resources, the foundation aims to empower talented individuals to make a significant contribution to their chosen fields. If you meet the eligibility criteria, don’t miss this chance to apply for the PPS Foundation Bursary and take a step toward a promising future in STEM or Humanities.