Royal Bafokeng Platinum Bursary 2024-2025
ABOUT ROYAL BAFOKENG PLATINUM
Royal Bafokeng Platinum Ltd (RBPlat) is a mining company that was formed through a joint venture between Royal Bafokeng Holdings (RBH) and Anglo American Platinum, known as the Bafokeng Rasimone Platinum Mine Joint Venture (BRPM JV). The company’s history dates back to the 1860s when the Royal Bafokeng Nation (RBN) purchased land. RBPlat operates in the mid-tier platinum group metals (PGMs) sector, extracting platinum, palladium, rhodium, iridium, osmium, ruthenium, gold, nickel, copper, and cobalt. The company’s operations are located near Rustenburg in the North West province of South Africa.
ABOUT THE RBPLAT BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
RBPlat invites students to apply for its bursary program for the 2024-2025 academic year. The bursaries are available for students pursuing undergraduate studies in all fields of study. However, preference will be given to students studying in core mining disciplines, which include:
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Mine Survey
MORE ABOUT THE RBPLAT BURSARY PROGRAM – SELECTION & RENEWAL
Bursary recipients will be selected based on academic performance, and they must maintain an acceptable level of academic performance to continue receiving bursary funding.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 21 days after the closing date. If you do not receive any feedback by this date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROYAL BAFOKENG PLATINUM BURSARY
Applicants must meet the following minimum entry criteria to be considered:
- South African citizenship
- Currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- Studying or intending to study full-time toward an undergraduate qualification in any discipline (though preference is given to core mining disciplines)
- Studying or intending to study at a recognized South African tertiary institution
- Strong academic record
- For core mining disciplines: Minimum 60% for Mathematics (not Mathematics Literacy), Physical Science, and English
- For Finance and Supply Chain students: Minimum 60% for Mathematics and English
- Skills and knowledge: self-management skills, responsibility, ability to work with others, self-discipline, hardworking with perseverance
- Clear credit record and criminal record
- Fit for duty with a certificate of fitness
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE RBPLAT BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online through the Royal Bafokeng Platinum Bursary Application for 2024-2025 (Reference Number: 15528). Before applying, you will need to register an account.
In the field asking how you heard about the RBPlat bursary, enter “Uni24.co.za.”
You will need to submit clear copies of the following supporting documents along with your online application form (missing documents may result in disqualification):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results and Matric term 2 results if currently in Matric
- Matric certificate if completed Matric
- Tertiary Acceptance Letter
- Full Academic Record if currently studying
- Proof of Residence
CLOSING DATE FOR THE RBPLAT BURSARY
The closing date for applications is 12 September, at 12 am. Make sure to submit your application before this date to be considered.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact Royal Bafokeng Platinum directly via email at email@example.com. You can also find additional contact information on their contact page, under the “job applications” tab for recruitment contacts.