Title: SANZAF Zakah Bursary: Empowering Education for Financially Needy Students
Introduction: The South African National Zakáh Fund (SANZAF) is a faith-based organization dedicated to providing educational and socio-welfare assistance to the Muslim community. For over 43 years, SANZAF has been collecting and distributing Zakáh and Sadaqát to support impoverished and disadvantaged families. With a focus on empowerment and upliftment, SANZAF offers the Zakah Bursary to financially needy students across South Africa, aiming to enable them to pursue tertiary education in any field of study.
About SANZAF Zakah Bursary:
The SANZAF Zakah Bursary is available for the 2024-2025 academic year. This bursary is open to students who demonstrate financial need and are unable to cover the costs of their tertiary studies. SANZAF believes in providing equal opportunities for students across all fields of study.
The Bursary Committee carefully assesses each received application and shortlists potential candidates. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend an interview, with the details communicated via email. Candidates who fail to attend the interview or submit the required documents will be disqualified. Feedback on the application will be provided to candidates by their respective regional office. Selected candidates will receive a Confirmation of Pledge letter, and bursary payments will be made directly to the institutions. Candidates are responsible for paying their own registration fees.
Eligibility Criteria: To be considered for the SANZAF Zakah Bursary, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- South African citizenship or foreign national with a valid study permit
- Residence in the province of application
- Demonstrated financial need
- From a previously disadvantaged background
- Have applied for NSFAS funding before applying for this bursary
- Studying or intending to study at a recognized University, University of Technology, or Technikon in South Africa
- Fall into one of the following categories:
- Currently in Matric
- Currently studying at a tertiary institution and sponsored by a family member or self-funded in the previous year
- Currently studying at a tertiary institution and sponsored by SANZAF in the previous year
Application Process: To apply for the SANZAF Zakah Bursary, follow these steps:
- Visit the appropriate SANZAF Zakah Bursary Application 2024-2025 portal based on your location.
- Fill out the online application form and indicate that you learned about the bursary from Uni24.co.za.
- Include all required supporting documentation, such as certified copies of your ID document or study permit, academic records, motivational letter, testimonial, and proof of income.
Note: Closing dates vary by region, ranging from October 15 to January 31. Ensure your application is submitted before the deadline.
For any queries regarding the SANZAF Zakah Bursary, contact your nearest SANZAF branch directly. The provided contact persons’ email addresses and telephone numbers are available for each branch.
The SANZAF Zakah Bursary offers invaluable support to financially needy students in South Africa, enabling them to pursue their tertiary education dreams. SANZAF’s commitment to uplifting the community through education and socio-welfare initiatives is commendable. If you meet the eligibility criteria, take advantage of this opportunity and apply for the SANZAF Zakah Bursary to receive the necessary financial assistance for your studies.