Steve Tshwete Local Municipality Bursary 2024-2025
ABOUT THE STEVE TSHWETE LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
The Steve Tshwete Municipality, formerly known as Middelburg Municipality, is a local municipality situated within the Nkangala District Municipality in Mpumalanga, South Africa. The municipality is named after Steve Tshwete, an ANC activist who was imprisoned on Robben Island from February 1964 to 1983.
ABOUT THE STEVE TSHWETE LOCAL MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Steve Tshwete Local Municipality is offering bursaries for the 2024-2025 academic year to deserving and qualifying youth residing within the municipality. The bursaries are available for undergraduate studies in various fields, including:
- Engineering (Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Mining Engineering)
- Environmental and Development Studies
- Financial Management/ Accounting and Internal Auditing
- Legal Studies
- Media Studies
- National Certificate-Vocational Education
- Town and Regional Planning, Architectural Design, Real Estate/Property Valuations & Management, and Quantity Surveying
EXPENSES COVERED, RENEWAL & SELECTION
The Steve Tshwete Local Municipality bursary will cover the following expenses:
- Tuition fees (based on the tertiary institution’s fee structure)
- Accommodation and meal allowances (subject to relevant documentation, such as boarding fee structure or private lease agreement)
- Learning material fees (according to the chosen study curriculum)
- Monthly allowance (subject to budget availability)
The municipality does not guarantee full funding to all candidates. Funding will be allocated based on budget availability and in accordance with the bursary agreement.
The bursary will be awarded annually, aligned with the academic curriculum, the field of study, and costs stipulated by the tertiary institution.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and if you haven’t received a response within 8 weeks after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE STEVE TSHWETE LOCAL MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
To qualify for the Steve Tshwete Local Municipality bursary, applicants must meet these minimum requirements:
- South African citizenship
- Aged between 18 and 35 years old
- Residence within the Steve Tshwete Local Municipality (MP313) in Mpumalanga
- Currently in Matric or completed Matric
- Pursuing or intending to pursue an undergraduate qualification in one of the specified fields (full-time or distance learning)
- Applied for and been admitted or provisionally admitted to a South African public tertiary institution (university or TVET college)
- Combined gross household income not exceeding R350,000 per annum
- Not in receipt of any other bursary funding or loan
- Students with disabilities and those from previously disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE STEVE TSHWETE LOCAL MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Follow these steps to apply for the Steve Tshwete Local Municipality bursary:
- Download and complete the Steve Tshwete Local Municipality Bursary Application Form 2024-2025.
- In the field asking how you heard about the bursary, enter “Uni24.co.za.”
- Submit clear copies of the required supporting documents along with your completed application form (missing documents may result in disqualification):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 results or Grade 12 progress/term reports (certified copy) if currently in Matric
- Matric certificate (certified copy) if completed Matric
- Admission letter from a tertiary institution
- Full academic record (certified copy) if currently studying
- Motivational letter.
- Parents or guardians’ ID documents (certified copies)
- Marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Proof of household income for parents or guardians and all household members (employment letter/recent payslips if employed, certified or official copy, affidavit if unemployed, proof of SASSA grant if applicable, UIF if applicable)
- Death certificate (certified copy) if parents or guardians are deceased
- Deliver your application to the following address:Steve Tshwete Municipal Building Civic Centre Building (main entrance) Cnr Walter Sisulu Street and Wanderers Avenue The Office of Director Human Resources Ground floor
CLOSING DATE FOR THE STEVE TSHWETE LOCAL MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
The closing date for applications is 31 October. Ensure your application is submitted before this deadline to be considered.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any inquiries related to this bursary program, please contact the Steve Tshwete Local Municipality directly using the following contact details: