UNISA Bachelor Degree Courses in Agriculture & Environmental Sciences
University of South Africa Bachelor Degree Courses in Agriculture & Environmental Sciences
Guide to Applying for Admission at Unisa
1. Who Should Apply?
Anyone interested in starting a new qualification needs to apply for admission.
2. Application Period:
For Semester 1, applications for selected undergraduate qualifications are open from 01 September to 13 October 2023.
3. Pre-Application Requirements:
- Ensure you meet the statutory and college admission requirements for your chosen qualification(s).
- Verify that you meet the minimum academic points score (APS).
- Have a valid e-mail address and cellphone number for communication purposes.
- Tip: Create a free email address via Gmail if you don’t have one. Remember to save your email address and password.
- Check your emails regularly for communication from Unisa.
4. Required Documents:
School qualifications (e.g., Senior Certificate, National Senior Certificate).
Official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable; internet copies not accepted).
ID document (RSA students) or ID/passport (international students).
Marriage certificate or divorce decree (if applicable).
Sworn translations of documents if not in English or Afrikaans.
Note for Previous Applicants (before 2016): Upload all required documents to avoid processing delays.
5. Document Submission Rules:
Upload each document as an individual file (not as one combined file).
Ensure clarity of documents and images.
File size limit: 2MB (2048KB) each.
Acceptable formats: PDF, DOC, TIF. Only black and white documents are accepted.
6. How to Apply:
- Applicants under the Unisa-TVET agreement can apply via the relevant TVET college or online through Unisa.
7. Uploading Supporting Documents:
- Submit all required documents by the application closing date.
- Unisa does not provide scanners or electronic devices – scan and upload documents beforehand.
8. Application Fee Payment:
- R135.00 for online applications.
- Payable once you receive a student number from Unisa.
- Use the student number and the application fee allocation number as your reference.
- Email proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payment details and information are available at www.unisa.ac.za/paymentinfo.
- The fee is non-refundable and must be paid by the application deadline.
9. Application Completion:
- Ensure your application is complete. Incomplete applications will not be processed, and you will have to reapply in the next application period.
The application fee is non-refundable.
Payments are made via a bank as Unisa does not offer cashier services.
Keep a copy of your proof of payment.
Incomplete or late applications, or those without the required application fee, will not be processed. It’s crucial to follow these guidelines meticulously to ensure a smooth application process.
Bachelor of Consumer Science (Food and Clothing Stream) (98005 – FCL)
Bachelor of Consumer Science (Food and Nutrition Stream) (98005 – FNU)
Bachelor of Science in Life Sciences Biomedical Sciences (98053 – BMI)