University of Zululand Unizulu Graduation
Application for Degree/Diploma Certificates
The University requires one day to process your application for a degree/diploma certificate. If you have graduated and did not receive your certificate for whatever reason, you are requested to come to campus and provide us with information in the morning. You will then be expected to collect your certificate after 13h00 on the same day.Unfortunately, a certificate cannot be processed at the same time when you make your application.
Please be advised that all graduation gear (gown, hood and cap) must be purchased or hired from Academic Apparel Industries, the official service provider to the University. Please make your bookings in this regard in advance.You will not be allowed to graduate if the colour of your academic gear is incorrect. Academic Apparel can be contacted via email at email@example.com or by phoning (031) 306 0628.All graduands are expected to be punctual for all sessions. Doors to the hall will be closed promptly at 09h00 for morning sessions and 14h00 for afternoon sessions.
Tickets for the candidates’ seats will be issued at Admin Foyer, near ABSA Bank. Tickets for the candidates’ guests will be included. Candidates must take their seats 45 minutes prior to the opening of each ceremony.
Number of tickets for guests
Every graduate whose name appears on the final published graduation list has a reserved seat and is allowed four tickets for their guests;
• Tickets can be collected at the Admin Building foyer a few days prior to your ceremony as well as on the day of your ceremony;
Please note that we do not have any ‘extra tickets’ nor are tickets for sale. Only sufficient tickets are printed as per the capacity of the graduation venue.
An official photographer will take photographs during the graduation ceremony. Graduands may order (at their own cost) individual photographs from the photographer.
All doctoral candidates are kindly requested to convene 30 minutes prior to the ceremony at the foyer of the King Bhekuzulu Hall.
Graduation in absentia
- If you are unable to attend your graduation ceremony, you will graduate in absentia;
- The prescribed fee when graduating in absentia is R220;
- The onus is on you to inform the Certification Office that you will be graduating in absentia;
- Once the prescribed fee has been paid, the certificate will be posted to you to the address provided;
- Certificates not handed over at the ceremony will be retained by the University;
- When collecting certificates, graduates must produce their original ID document.
Lost certificates and duplicates
You are only entitled to one original degree certificate. You may apply for a duplicate copy of your degree certificate should your original certificate be lost or damaged;
- Applications for a duplicate certificate must be accompanied by an affidavit certified by a Commissioner of Oaths.
- An amount of R350 will be payable;
- Upon collection of the duplicate certificate, proof of payment is to be submitted to the Certification Office.
For more information you can download the graduation booklet
Faculty of Arts
035 902 6036
Faculty of Education
035 902 6035
Faculty of Commerce, Administration and Law
035 902 3901
Faculty of Science and Agriculture
035 902 6282
Richards Bay Campus
035 902 6924
Ms Thami Mngadi: Manager: Certification
Tel: 035 902 6476
Mr BP Nkwanyana: Senior Admin Officer
Tel: 035 902 6278