About Zululand Anthracite Colliery
Zululand Anthracite Colliery (ZAC) is an underground anthracite mine situated in South Africa and is the exclusive producer of anthracite in the country. The mine’s discovery dates back to 1981 when Transnatal Coal and Utah Mining JV identified the site. BHP Billiton later developed the mining resources at ZAC in 1985, and the operations were eventually acquired by Riversdale Mining Limited. Currently, ZAC is operated by Menar, a private investment company. The mine has three operational shafts, with plans for a fourth shaft to open in 2022 to increase production.
Zululand Anthracite Colliery Bursary 2024-2025
Zululand Anthracite Colliery (Pty) Limited is offering bursaries to support students facing financial challenges in completing their education. These bursaries are available for the academic year 2024-2025 and are provided in various disciplines. The bursaries aim to cover either half or the entire tuition cost based on the financial need of the selected students.
Disciplines eligible for the bursaries include:
- BCom (2 bursaries will be awarded)
- Engineering (2 bursaries will be awarded)
- Mining Engineering (2 bursaries will be awarded)
- Environmental (1 bursary will be awarded)
The bursary awards are merit-based, and preference is given to candidates with a strong academic record. The bursary value is determined on a case-by-case basis, covering registration fees, course fees, and other costs. The exact amount will be communicated to shortlisted candidates via email.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria to be considered for the Zululand Anthracite Colliery Bursary:
- South African citizenship or naturalized citizenship
- Pursuing a qualification in one of the specified fields of study
- Studying at a recognized and accredited tertiary institution
- Strong academic track record with at least 65% for all completed modules
- Demonstrated financial need
- Applicants from designated groups as defined by the Employment Equity Act will receive preference.
How to Apply
To apply for the Zululand Anthracite Colliery Bursary, follow these steps:
- Download and complete the Zululand Anthracite Colliery Bursary Application Form 2024-2025.
- Complete all sections of the form accurately.
- Prepare the required documents.
The following documents are required for the application:
- Certified copy of ID document
- Matric certificate
- Tertiary academic record, including the latest results
- Letter of acceptance from the tertiary institution
- ID documents of parents/guardians
- Proof of income of parents/guardians
- Motivation letter supporting the application
Submit the completed application form and scanned documents to ‘email@example.com‘ with the subject line ‘ZAC Bursary Application 2024-2025.’
The application deadline for the Zululand Anthracite Colliery Bursary is 17 February 2024-2025. Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
For more information about the bursary, contact ZAC at:
- Telephone: 035 874 7300 / 011 783 7996
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org