Boland College Upcoming Events
Examinations T3 (N1-N3)November 28 – December 2
Examinations: S2 (N4-N6)November 28 – December 2
STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES (SSS)
WHAT IS STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES (SSS)?
- Student Support Services is a function created with the goal to assist students to cope more efficiently with the demands of a tertiary institution.
- It is a way of assisting students to maximise their potential.
- Student support is a function to assist students in eliminating barriers regarding studies.
- Student Support Services contributes to the holistic development of all students by means of providing opportunities for students to participate in co-curricular activities which develops students on social as well as physical level.
- A Student Supporter (SS) is situated on every campus and they are committed to support, assist and develop students at Boland College.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
- Various health & wellness programmes take place on a quarterly basis. These programmes includes awareness of heat exhaustion, VCT testing, testing of sugar levels and blood pressures, Choices, Drug & Alcohol awareness, sex education, contraception and distribution of condoms.
- Recreational sports takes place on a monthly basis on individual campuses.
- Confidential personal or emotional support in the form of counselling sessions are offered by the Student Supporter. Counselling is available to assist those who may be facing crisis situations or adjustment issues.
- Career counselling and advice are offered to students to ensure that they make informed career choices.