Fairtree is a South African investment and asset management company headquartered in Cape Town. The firm specializes in managing alternative and long-term investment portfolios on behalf of its clients. Established in 2003, Fairtree currently manages assets worth R 100 billion, which include hedge funds, unit trusts, and private equity investments.
The Fairtree Group comprises four distinct entities:
- Fairtree Asset Management (Pty) Ltd
- Fairtree Capital Hospitality
- Fairtree Asset Management LLC
- Fairtree Capital International IC Ltd
In addition to its financial services, Fairtree also has charitable initiatives aimed at supporting vulnerable communities in South Africa. The Fairtree bursary program is part of these efforts.
Fairtree Bursary 2024-2025:
Fairtree offers financial assistance through its annual bursary program to a select number of deserving students pursuing specific fields of study. For the 2024-2025 academic year, the bursaries will be awarded to students pursuing qualifications in the following fields:
- Actuarial Science
- Business Economics
- Computer Science (BSc)
The value of each bursary will be determined on a case-by-case basis. Once awarded, students may not change their course of study without obtaining consent from Fairtree.
The bursaries cover the entire duration of the study program, and recipients may be required to work for Fairtree for a specified period upon completion of their studies. More details regarding this obligation will be communicated to shortlisted candidates.
To be considered for the Fairtree bursary, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- South African citizenship
- Completion of Matriculation or current enrollment in Matric
- Pursuing a qualification in one of the specified fields of study
- Enrollment at a recognized South African public university (applicants studying at private universities will not be considered)
Meeting all eligibility criteria does not guarantee bursary funding, as the number of available bursaries is limited and may be oversubscribed. The final list of bursary recipients published by Fairtree will be considered definitive.
How to Apply:
Eligible candidates are encouraged to apply for the Fairtree bursary before the closing date by following the application process below:
- Download and complete the Fairtree Bursary Application Form for 2024-2025 (PDF).
Applicants must submit the following documents for verification and application processing:
- Certified copies of ID documents
- Matric certificate (if completed Matric, certified copy)
- Results of the first semester (certified copies) if currently enrolled in a university
- Proof of acceptance or provisional acceptance for the 2024-2025 academic year (certified copy)
- Proof of household income (latest payslips if parents/guardians are employed; financial statements if self-employed; affidavit if unemployed; death certificates if deceased)
Scan and upload these documents in PDF format. After completing the final review, submit your application along with the required documents.
The Fairtree bursary application is currently open, with the closing date for applications being November 11.
For further information about the bursary program, you can contact Fairtree using the following contact details:
- Telephone: 021 943 3760
- Online contact form: Fairtree Contact Us