Maluti Fet College Bursaries Info
Maluti Fet College Bursaries Info ,Financial Aid
The aim of the unit is to provide financial support to students who are academically performing yet financially needy.
1. IMPORTANT POINTS TO NOTE
The college does not offer bursaries to students but, the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) does via the DHET TVET Bursary scheme. National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) administers bursary applications on behalf of the DHET through TVET colleges.
No ONE is guaranteed the bursary. Only those who meet the set criteria by the DHET Bursary guideline 2015 will; subject to the availability of funds (The full copy of the guideline can be downloaded from www.nsfas.co.za)
Please respect the deadlines and submit the correctly completed forms with sufficient, truthful and valid documents to precipitate the processing of your forms.
2. CRITERIA FOR AWARDING BURSARIES
Only South African citizens are eligible for this bursary scheme
A student must be registered on an NC (V) at the college OR Report 191/NATED programme at the college.
Bursaries are awarded to academically deserving (good performance) yet financially needy (poor) students. Note that Means Test will be administered to every student to assess the financial neediness. This means that students who may qualify WILL NOT necessarily receive the same bursary amount.
3. MINIMUM DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
The campus at which you intend studying will provide you with list of documents required when applying for the bursary but, please note the following:
Certified copies of documents that are older than three months will not be accepted and your bursary forms will not be taken.
Salary advice slips of parents or guardian must not be older that three months or else, your bursary forms will not be taken.
Affidavits of parents or guardian who are unemployed must be made by such parents or guardian otherwise, your bursary forms will not be taken. (All affidavits that are to be discovered to be falsified, even at the later stage OR when bursary has been allocated, WILL AUTOMATICALLY disqualify the candidate and a criminal case and/ or other severe penalties will be filed to that effect).
To returning students, note that:
- Priority is given to level 2 and level 3 students who have performed well academically in the previous year who progress to the next level according to college guideline on progression (i.e. one must pass 5/7 subject for NCV and ¾ subjects for R191)
- Priority is given to N1 – N5 students who have performed well academically in the previous semester / trimester who progress to the next level according to college guideline on progression (i.e. one must pass 5/7 subject for NCV and ¾ subjects for R191)
- NCV bursaries may be awarded up to a maximum of four years of continuous study to allow students to complete any outstanding subjects. Note that should you qualify, only the amount per failed subject (s) will be paid.
- Report 191 bursaries may be awarded up to a maximum of four semester / trimester of continuous study to allow students to complete any outstanding subjects. Note that should you qualify, only the amount per failed subject (s) will be paid.
NB: Students who change programs within NCV or Report 191 N1-N3 and vice-versa during the course of study do not qualify for bursary. Those who switch streams (from Report 191 N1-N3 to NCV and vice-versa still DO NOT qualify. Students who complete Report 191 N4-N6 and intend to enroll for another Report 191 N1 to N6 programme still do not qualify for bursary.
Only bursary recipients who complete NCV Level 4 are eligible for financial assistance should they want to enroll for Report 191 N4-N6.
4. TRAVELING AND ACCOMMODATION ALLOWANCES
Students who reside outside a radius of 10 kilometers, may qualify for transport allowance (proof of taxi or bus fare must be provided), subject to the availability of funds.
Students who reside outside a radius of 40 kilometers, may qualify for accommodation allowance (proof of lease agreement needed), subject to the availability of funds.
STUDENTS CANNOT QUALIFY FOR BOTH TRANSPORT AND ACCOMMODATION.
5. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
To successful bursary application, tuition fee will be prioritized and if there is available funding, then accommodation and transport will be considered for qualifying students.
No refunds will be given back to students if there is money left after the student account is settled. Any unused funds must be returned to NSFAS.
Verification of residential addresses for students who qualified for accommodation or transport will be conducted and if one is found to have defrauded the DHET, serious measures will be taken.
Make sure that upon submitting your bursary forms with complete documents, you receive a receipt as proof. KEEP IT SAFE AS IT WILL BE THE ONLY KEY FOR RECEING PROPER ASSISTANCE SHOULD THERE BE