University of the Western Cape UWC Accommodation
UEC houses an average of 3 300 students across 13 residences, where eight residences are situated on-campus. For those residences located off-campus, UWC provides a shuttle service between the residences and the university main campus. UWC’s residences are grouped into clusters.
Residences: Cassinga, Basil February, Chris Hani, Colline Williams, E. Dos Santos, Liberty, Ruth First, Hector Peterson, Kwikbake and DISA Residence
Residence application Procedures – New students
Apply for accommodation on the same form you used to apply to study at the university before the 31 October. ENSURE that you have ticked yes on the question that asks if “you require university residence”. This qualifies as a valid application.
There is NO other form you need to complete..
The onus remains with the applicant to verify his/her accommodation application status prior
to his/her arrival on Campus.
Failure on the part of the student to arrive for participation in the official Orientation
Program of the university will result in the forfeiture of the accommodation.
HOUSING AND OPERATIONS DIVISION
Residence operations is responsible for all operational aspects relating to Residence buildings and services, which include but are not limited to maintenance issues, cleaning, security, pest control, transport, etc. The Residences are grouped into Clusters. Each cluster has a Cluster Coordinator who assumes responsibility for all operational aspects within his/her cluster.
· Residential Services has over 3,300 students across 13 residences
· The campus boosts 2 on campus residences for new first year students
· Two residences are dedicated to Post-graduates residences
· All residences are furnished
· Each residence has a communal kitchens, lounge and recreational spaces
· The residences have WiFi & are DSTV connected
· The residences have 2 dining halls serving a variety of diet menus
· Laundry facilities are available in all residences
· The residences have 24 Hours security personnel & student cards access
· Shuttles are provided for off-campus residences
· Daily Cleaning in communal spaces takes place
For more Information, please contact: Tel. 021 959-2569, Fax. 021 959-2671, Email. email@example.com