PPS Bursary in South Africa
ABOUT THE COMPANY – PPS
The Professional Provident Society (PPS) of South Africa was founded in the year 1941 by eight dentists. The aim of the organisation was to find a way to create a better system of financial protection due to the inability to practice after injury or sickness.
PPS is an authorised financial services provider, who provides customised investment, healthcare and insurance solutions for graduate professionals. In fact, PPS is the only company in South Africa that is a mutual financial services solely for graduate professionals.
PPS is one of the only South African financial services providers that is not listed on the stock exchange and does not have any external shareholders. The company allocates all profits to its members each year with qualifying products, via PPS Profit-Share Accounts.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
PPS will be awarding bursaries to students pursuing STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) studies, which are scarce and critical skill requirements within the country. Students pursuing Humanities studies can also apply for funding.
Bursaries will provide cover from 1st year to Honours.
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The PPS bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, meals and accommodation at university residence.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and the final outcome will be communicated by April 2020.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying or registered to study full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or registered to study at a public tertiary institute within South Africa (universities and universities of technology)
- Household income is less than R600 000 per annum
- *Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged students (African, Coloured, Indian), as well as those in financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: https://www.pps.co.za/foundation/pps-bursary-programme
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic transcript to date (certified copy)
- Proof of registration for 2020
- Student account statement showing all fees paid up for previous years
- Tertiary instiutions bank account details (on letterhead)
- Tertiary instiutions finance department contact details (on letterhead)
- Parents/ guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed)
- Motivational reference letter (from a leader e.g HOD, Dean, Priest)
30 August 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact PPS directly:
Fax: 011 644 9629