Swartland Municipality Bursary
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SWARTLAND MUNICIPALITY
The Swartland Municipality provide primary and secondary municipal services to the residents of the Swartland towns, which include Malmesbury; Darling; Yzerfontein; Riebeek West; Riebeek Kasteel; Chatsworth; Abbotsdale; Riverlands; Moorreesburg; Koringberg and Kalbaskraal.
The municipalities head office is located in Malmesbury and their services include: Civil and Electrical Engineering services, Development Services, Protection Services, Financial Services and Corporate Services.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Swartland Municipality bursary will be awarded to students within the following undergraduate fields of study (degree/ diploma):
- Risk Management
- Internal Audit
- Supply Chain Management
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will provide coverage for registration fees, as well as tuition fees and exam fees.
Successful candidates will be notified – should you not receive any feedback within 3 months of the bursary closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Between the ages of 17 and 35 years
- Permanently residing within the greater Swartland Municipal area
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying OR intend on studying full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying OR intend on studying at an approved tertiary institute
- Achieved a minimum result of 70% for Accounting in Matric
- Achieved a minimum result of 70% for Mathematics in Matric
- NOT currently in receipt of any other bursary awards
- *Preference will be given to students from previously disadvantaged groups, as well as disabled students
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Swartland Municipality Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results AND Matric mid-year results, if currently in Matric (certified copies)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Latest academic record, if at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of permanent residential address (certified copy)
- Proof of household income (latest payslips certified copies/ sworn affidavits)
- Surety’s ID document (certified copy)
- Proof of registration fees
Applications must be submitted via post or hand delivered to:
Human Resource Section
Private Bag X52
(Please note that emailed or faxed applications will NOT be accepted).
4 October 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Swartland Municipality directly:
Contact Person: Gaynor April
Tel: 022 487 9400