University of Pretoria UP NSFAS Online Application 2024-2025
How to Create a New NSFAS Account 2024-2025
Log onto www.nsfas.org.za
Click on ‘register’
Complete the required fields (ID number, cellphone number and email address)
Upload a copy of your ID or birth certificate. If you are uploading a copy of a Smart ID, please ensure that both sides are visible on the copy
How to Create Your NSFAS Account
- Type in first names (as per ID number)
- Type in Surname (as per ID number)
- Type in your ID number (will your username)
- Type in your own Email address
- Type in your own Cellphone number
- Accept terms and conditions Tick the box provided, to allow NSFAS to check the information provided (compulsory)
- Create a Password, To (protect your account)
ID number, Names and Surname is validated against the Department of Home Affairs database. Only valid South African ID information will be accepted.
What to Do Next If Your Are Approved By NSFAS?
The NSFAS allocation is sent to students after NSFAS verifies the data and makes an allocation. After the allocation is made, Financial Aid will notify the student via SMS and/or email. The registration prepayment block will be lifted five hours after NSFAS funds are allocated, provided that you are now prepared to register.
Every year, the Financial Aid office requests a complete list of students receiving NSFAS funding from NSFAS. Validation checks are made and NSFAS funds are allocated to students on the system. After the allocation, Financial Aid will notify the student via SMS. The registration prepayment block will be lifted five hours after NSFAS funds are allocated. You may now register.