Title: GCRA Bursary Program: Supporting Education in Gauteng Province
Introduction: The Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) offers a bursary program to support students residing in the Gauteng province of South Africa. The bursary covers various expenses, including registration fees, tuition fees, accommodation, books, laptops, and a living allowance. This article provides an overview of the GCRA Bursary Program, including coverage value, selection process, eligibility requirements, application procedure, and contact details.
Coverage Value and Selection Process: The GCRA Bursary Program provides coverage for the following expenses:
- Registration fees
- Tuition fees
- Accommodation in residence (up to a maximum value of R65,000) or off-campus/private accommodation (up to a maximum value of R47,000)
- Living allowance for off-campus/private accommodation
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 3 to 4 weeks after the application closing date. If applicants do not receive any feedback within 4 weeks after the closing date, they should consider their application as unsuccessful.
Eligibility Requirements for the GCRA Bursary:
To be eligible for the GCRA Bursary, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- South African citizenship
- Age between 18 and 35 years old
- Reside within the Gauteng province
- Completed Matric in Gauteng
- Accepted or registered to study towards an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification in
- Accepted to study at an accredited and registered Post School Education and Training (PSET) institution in South Africa, including public and private Higher Education Institutions, Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges, private colleges, Community Education and Training (CET) colleges, and skills development providers
- Preference given to students pursuing studies in GGT2030 priority sectors
Automatically Qualified Categories:
Students who meet any of the following three criteria will automatically qualify for the bursary but must still submit an application:
- Top achievers at a Gauteng-based school
- Top 3 learners from no-fee paying Gauteng-based schools (refer to the list of no-fee paying schools in Gauteng)
- Top 3 learners from Learners with Special Education Needs (LSEN) Gauteng-based schools
Application Process for the GCRA Bursary:
Applicants must submit their applications online through the GCRA Bursary Application portal. Before applying, applicants need to register an account and then log in to complete the application form. In the field asking how you heard about the GCRA Bursary, enter “Uni24.co.za“.
The application process includes the following steps:
- Personal Profile: Provide personal information, contact details, Matric results, and parent or guardian details.
- Tertiary Institution Details: Provide information about the institution, academic results, other sponsors, and upload supporting documentation.
- Agree to Terms and Conditions: Review the terms and conditions and agree to them.
Documents Required for GCRA Bursary Applications:
Applicants must submit clear copies of the following supporting documents along with their online application:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Most recent academic record (certified copy) if currently studying
- Proof of registration or acceptance at a recognized PSET institution
- Proof of address in Gauteng
- Motivational letter (maximum 2 pages)
- Disability or medical report if disabled
- Parents or guardians’ proof of income (certified copy)
- Proof of any other bursaries currently being received, if applicable
Notes and Closing Date:
Applicants experiencing difficulty accessing the GCRA portal should check their internet connection or try using a different browser (Chrome, Safari, or Internet Explorer). Applicants should save their progress during the application process but must remember to submit the application before the closing date.
The closing date for the GCRA Bursary is 28 February. Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted.
For queries related to the bursary program, applicants can contact the Gauteng City Region Academy through the following channels:
- New bursary queries: Email – firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel – 0800 000 789 or 011 355 0000
- Bursary renewal queries: Email – Bursaries.Gcra@gauteng.gov.za
- Other GCRA contact people: Visit the GCRA website for contact details
The GCRA Bursary Program provides financial support to students in the Gauteng province pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate qualifications. By covering various expenses, the bursary aims to alleviate the financial burden on students and enable them to focus on their studies. If you meet the eligibility criteria, submit your application online before the closing date and ensure all required documents are included. For further information and support, refer to the provided contact details or visit the GCRA website.