Title: SANRAL Bursary Program 2024-2025: Empowering South African Students in Key Fields
Introduction: In South Africa, the South African National Roads Agency SOC Limited (SANRAL) plays a crucial role in managing and developing the National Road network. As part of their commitment to excellence and nurturing future talent, SANRAL is inviting students to apply for their bursary program for the 2024 academic year. This blog post provides all the essential details about the SANRAL Bursary, including the fields covered, expenses, selection criteria, eligibility requirements, application process, and contact information.
Fields Covered: The SANRAL Bursary Program encompasses a range of fields that are vital for the agency’s operations and development. Students can apply for bursaries in the following areas:
- Civil Engineering
- Human Resources
- Supply Chain Management
SANRAL recognizes the importance of these fields in supporting their vision to be a global leader in providing a superior national road network. By investing in talented individuals, SANRAL aims to contribute to the growth and development of South Africa.
Expenses Covered and Selection Criteria: The SANRAL Bursary Program offers both full and partial bursaries, depending on the financial need of the applicants. Here’s an overview of the expenses covered:
Full bursary: Registration fees, tuition fees, study material and equipment, accommodation, and meals. Partial bursary: Registration fees, tuition fees, accommodation, and access to the wellness program.
To select deserving candidates, SANRAL considers two main criteria: academic performance and financial need. The means test, which takes into account the financial situation of the applicant’s family, helps determine the amount of assistance provided. Successful candidates will be contacted for interviews, and those who are selected will receive award letters. Applicants who do not receive any feedback by December 31, 2023, should consider their application unsuccessful.
Before applying for the SANRAL Bursary, applicants must meet the following minimum criteria:
- South African citizenship.
- Age should not exceed 35 years.
- Completion of Matric or currently in Matric.
- Full-time enrollment or acceptance into an undergraduate or postgraduate program within the designated fields of study. (Part-time or distance learning programs are not covered.)
- Enrollment or acceptance at a recognized and accredited public tertiary institution in South Africa. (Private institutions are not eligible.)
- Academic requirements: Minimum overall average of 70% for Matric students and 60% for university students.
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Not currently receiving any other bursary funding.
- Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Applying for the SANRAL Bursary is a straightforward online process. Follow these steps:
- Visit the SANRAL Bursary Application 2024 page.
- When asked how you heard about the SANRAL bursary, enter “Uni24.co.za.”
- Submit clear copies of the required supporting documents, including ID documents, academic records, proof of tertiary registration, a motivational letter, and proof of parents or guardians’ income and residence.
It is crucial to ensure that all required documents are included with the application to avoid disqualification.
The deadline for submitting applications for the SANRAL Bursary is September 30, 2023. Applications received after this date will not be accepted. To maximize your chances of consideration, submit your application well before the closing date.
Contact Information: For any queries related to the SANRAL Bursary Program, please contact SANRAL directly through their contact page: https://www.nra.co.za/contact-information.
The SANRAL Bursary Program presents a valuable opportunity for South African students pursuing studies in civil engineering, human resources, and supply chain management. By offering financial assistance and support, SANRAL aims to empower talented individuals and contribute to the development of a superior national road network. If you meet the eligibility criteria, we encourage you to apply for this prestigious bursary program and take a step towards a promising future in your chosen field.