Title: LGSETA Bursary: Empowering Local Government Professionals
Introduction: In South Africa, the Local Government Sector Education and Training Authority (LGSETA) plays a crucial role in developing and empowering individuals working within the local government structures, as well as the unemployed. Through their bursary program, the LGSETA aims to provide financial support to students pursuing qualifications in various fields related to local government. If you have a passion for the local government sector and want to advance your education, the LGSETA Bursary can help you achieve your goals.
About LGSETA: The LGSETA operates under the executive authority of the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) and is one of the 21 Sector Education and Training Authorities (SETAs) in South Africa. Their primary objective is to create and implement skills development interventions that support the growth and professional development of individuals in the local government sector.
Fields Covered: The LGSETA Bursary program is now open for applications for the 2024-2025 academic years. The bursaries are available for the following fields of study:
- Accounting (Diploma, Bachelor of, Bachelor of Hons)
- Building (National Diploma)
- Civil Engineering (Bachelor of Engineering)
- Civil Engineering specialising in Construction Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Urban Engineering, Transport, Water (National Diploma)
- Cost and Management Accounting (Bachelor of Technology)
- Electrical Engineering (National Diploma)
- Environmental Health (Diploma, Bachelor of)
- Environmental Sciences (Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Science Hons)
- Internal Auditing (Bachelor of Hons, Bachelor of Technology, National Diploma)
- Local Governance and Management (Advanced Certificate)
- Local Government Law and Administration (Diploma)
- Local Government Finance (Bachelor of Technology, Diploma)
- Mechanical Engineering (National Diploma)
- Public Accountability (National Diploma)
- Public Management and Administration (Diploma)
- Public Management (Post Graduate Diploma)
- Town/Urban and Regional Planning (Bachelor of Technology)
- Town and Regional Planning (Bachelor of Hons)
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for the LGSETA Bursary, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- South African citizen or permanent resident
- Currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- Intending to study full-time at a recognized public institution in South Africa
- Enrolled or accepted to study one of the specified qualifications in 2023
Application Process: To apply for the LGSETA Bursary, follow these steps:
- Visit the LGSETA Bursary Application 2023 portal.
- Fill in the online application form and indicate that you heard about the bursary from www.zabursaries.co.za.
- Review the LGSETA User Guide for detailed instructions.
- Submit the required supporting documents, including certified copies of your ID, academic records, and proof of registration/acceptance.
Note: The closing date for applications is 1 November at 23:59. Make sure to submit your application before the deadline.
Selection and Contact:
The LGSETA aims to award 520 bursaries for the /23 academic year and 350 bursaries for the 2023/24 academic year. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within three months after the application deadline. If you do not receive any feedback, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For any inquiries related to the LGSETA Bursary program, you can contact the DG Secretariat via email at email@example.com.
The LGSETA Bursary offers an incredible opportunity for South African students to pursue their studies in fields related to local government. By providing financial support, the LGSETA is investing in the future of the local government sector and empowering individuals to make a positive impact on their communities. If you are passionate about local governance and meet the eligibility criteria, don’t miss this chance to apply for the LGSETA Bursary and take a step closer to realizing your educational and career aspirations.