Afrimat Limited, a prominent mining company and provider of construction materials and industrial minerals, has a significant presence in South Africa and Mozambique. The company operates in diverse regions across South Africa, including Gauteng, Western Cape, KwaZulu-Natal, Eastern Cape, Northern Cape, Mpumalanga, Free State, and Limpopo. Afrimat’s operations encompass five main divisions: Readymix, Contracting International, Concrete Products, Mining & Aggregates, and Industrial Minerals.
The group undertakes projects varying from small-scale private contracts to large-scale construction and infrastructure projects, including work for parastatals and state-owned enterprises. Afrimat’s core mission is to operate opencast mines, offer contracting services, and enhance value through mined products. This black-empowered company, listed on the JSE Limited since 2006 under the Construction & Building Materials section, boasts over 50 years of experience and a reputation for low staff turnover and a substantial skills pool.
Afrimat Bursary Programme 2024-2025
Afrimat Iron Ore is offering a bursary programme for the 2024-2025 academic year to students residing in the Northern Cape. The bursaries are available for undergraduate Degree and/or National Diploma studies in the following fields:
- Environmental Studies
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further processes. If you do not receive any feedback, consider your application unsuccessful.
To be eligible for the Afrimat Bursary, applicants must:
- Be South African citizens.
- Reside in the Northern Cape province.
- Have completed Matric.
- Be pursuing a Degree and/or National Diploma in one of the above-listed fields.
- Be in their second year of study.
- Be enrolled at a recognized and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa.
- Be medically fit as per the Mine Health and Safety Act and Company standards.
- Preference will be given to students from designated groups and historically disadvantaged backgrounds, in line with Afrimat’s Employment Equity goals.
How to Apply
Applications for the Afrimat Bursary should be submitted online:
Enter “Uni24.co.za” when asked how you heard about the Afrimat bursary.
Submit the following documents along with your online application:
- Certified copy of ID document.
- Certified full academic record/results.
- Proof of registration at a tertiary institution.
- Proof of residence (certified copy).
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Ensure all supporting documents are compiled into a single document not exceeding 3 MB.
The closing date for the Afrimat Bursary is 22 September. It’s crucial to apply before this deadline.
For queries related to the bursary programme, contact Afrimat directly:
The Afrimat Bursary Programme provides an excellent opportunity for students in the Northern Cape, particularly those from disadvantaged backgrounds, to pursue studies in essential fields related to mining and engineering. This initiative reflects Afrimat’s commitment to education, skills development, and employment equity.