ArcelorMittal Bursary South Africa 2024-2025-2025
Overview of ArcelorMittal South Africa
ArcelorMittal South Africa Limited stands as the continent’s premier steel producer, boasting an annual production capacity of 7.8 million tonnes of liquid steel. Originally established in 1928 as Iscor Ltd, a state-owned steel company, it has evolved into a key player in the global steel industry. As a part of the ArcelorMittal group, it extends its industrial presence across 27 countries, spanning Europe, the Americas, Asia, and Africa, illustrating its vast influence and reach in the steel production sector.
ArcelorMittal Bursary Programme for 2024-2025
ArcelorMittal South Africa is currently inviting students to apply for their bursary programme for the 2024-2025 academic year. This initiative is designed to support undergraduate students pursuing degrees in various engineering disciplines, including:
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
The ArcelorMittal bursary provides comprehensive financial support covering registration fees, tuition, textbooks, and provides allowances for accommodation, food, and a one-off laptop purchase. This generous package aims to alleviate the financial burden on students and ensure they have the necessary resources to succeed in their studies.
To be eligible for the ArcelorMittal bursary, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- South African citizenship
- Currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- Intend to or currently studying full-time towards a 4-year Engineering degree in one of the specified fields
- Enrolled or intending to enroll at a recognized and accredited University in South Africa
- For Matric students: must pass English, Mathematics, and Physics
- For current University students: must have passed all registered courses during the completed study period
Interested candidates are required to apply online through the ArcelorMittal Bursary Application portal for the 2024-2025 academic year. Applicants should indicate “Uni24.co.za” as their referral source. It’s mandatory to submit the following supporting documents along with the online application:
- An updated Curriculum Vitae
- Most recent Matric results for current Matric students
- Most recent academic record for current University students
The closing date for the ArcelorMittal bursary application is 18 October. It’s crucial to submit applications before this deadline to ensure consideration.
For any queries related to the bursary programme, applicants can contact ArcelorMittal South Africa’s Corporate Office directly at 016 889 9111. Additionally, it’s recommended to consult the FAQ page for answers to common questions before reaching out with specific inquiries.