Cullinan Diamond Mine Bursary 2024-2025
Overview of Petra Diamonds and Cullinan Diamond Mine
Petra Diamonds, owner of the Cullinan Diamond Mine, is recognized as a significant supplier of rough diamonds on a global scale and stands as a leading independent diamond mining group. The Cullinan Diamond Mine, located near Pretoria, South Africa, is celebrated for being the source of some of the world’s most exceptional blue diamonds and for discovering the largest rough gem diamond in history, the Cullinan diamond. This mine has a storied history of producing many of the diamonds that have gained worldwide fame.
Cullinan Diamond Mine Bursary Programme for 2024-2025
The Cullinan Diamond Mine is offering bursaries for the 2024-2025 academic year to students pursuing Degree studies in the following fields:
- Chemical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
Bursary Coverage and Selection Process
The bursary will cover tuition fees, accommodation (in residence or a private accommodation allowance), meal allowance, a bi-annual cash allowance, and a travel allowance for vacation work. Recipients are required to participate in vacation work at Petra Diamonds operations during university breaks.
Applicants who make the shortlist will be contacted within 30 days following the application deadline. The selection process includes pre-screening, profile testing, assessments, medical and security clearance, and a panel interview.
To be eligible for the bursary, applicants must:
- Be a South African citizen.
- Be in Matric or have completed Matric.
- Intend to study or are studying towards one of the specified Degrees in 2024-2025 at a recognised South African university or University of Technology.
- Pass a panel interview and meet the company’s vetting policy and medical requirements.
- Have an interest in a mining sector career and be willing to relocate to rural operations if necessary.
- Preference will be given to children of permanent employees, candidates from the company’s scholarship programs, local and labour-sending areas, and suitable candidates from designated groups.
Applicants can apply by downloading and completing the Cullinan Diamond Mine Bursary Application Form and submitting it with the required documentation, including a certified ID document, qualifications, academic records, and CV, via email to Clive.Gounden@petradiamonds.com with the subject line “Cullinan Diamond Mine Bursary Application 2024-2025”.
The application deadline is 8 November. Late submissions will not be considered.
For any queries regarding the bursary programme, contact Petra Diamonds / Cullinan Diamond Mine directly at Tel: 031 571 5573 / 087 654 9468 or Email: Mailbox.email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org.