Petra Diamonds Bursary 2024-2025
About Petra Diamonds:
Petra Diamonds Ltd, founded in 1997 by Adonis Pouroulis, is a diamond mining group with interests in 8 producing mines across Tanzania and South Africa, as well as an exploration program in Botswana. The company has transitioned from exploration to production, making it one of Africa’s largest independent diamond producers. Petra Diamonds owns the Cullinan Diamond Mine, known for producing the largest polished and rough diamond in the world. In South Africa, the company operates four underground kimberlite diamond-producing mines: Finsch, Kimberley Underground, Cullinan, and Koffiefontein. Finsch Diamond Mine is located in Lime Acres, near Kuruman and Kimberley.
About the Petra Diamonds Bursary Program:
Petra Diamonds SA is offering bursaries for the 2024-2025 academic year to students pursuing diploma or degree studies in mining-related disciplines. The bursaries are available for the following fields of study:
- Computer Science (Finsch Diamond Mine)
- Environmental and Engineering Geology (specializing in Geotechnical Engineering) (Koffiefontein Diamond Mine)
- Geology (Koffiefontein Diamond Mine)
- Industrial Engineering (Koffiefontein Diamond Mine)
- Information Technology (Finsch Diamond Mine)
- Metallurgical Engineering (Cullinan Diamond Mine)
- Mining Engineering (Koffiefontein Diamond Mine)
Bursary Coverage and Selection:
The Petra Diamonds bursary covers full tuition fees, books, study materials, accommodation, meals, and a loaned laptop (for use from the 2nd to the final year of study). Bursary recipients will also receive support in adapting to campus life through regular meetings and access to Career Wise study experts.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to undergo a panel interview and psychometric assessments as part of the selection process. Final selection is based on academic results and alignment with the objectives of the Mining Charter and Employment Equity Act. Bursary holders must meet specific criteria, including passing all subjects/modules, participating in compulsory vacation work, and completing a service contract with Petra Diamonds.
Eligibility Criteria for the Petra Diamonds Bursary:
Applicants must meet the following minimum entry criteria:
- South African citizenship
- Completion of Matric
- Full-time enrollment in a mining-related discipline listed above for the 2024-2025 academic year
- Enrollment at a recognized Higher Education Institution in South Africa
- Strong academic record
- Preference for applicants from specific geographic locations
How to Apply for the Petra Diamonds Bursary:
To apply for the Petra Diamonds Bursary for 2024-2025, follow these steps:
- Visit the Petra Diamonds Bursary Application portal to apply online.
- Register on the portal to access the application form.
- When applying, use the code “PETRA24.”
- Submit clear copies of the following supporting documents (compulsory for application):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record, including the most recent results (if currently studying) on the institution’s letterhead
- Proof of acceptance at a recognized Higher Education Institution for 2024-2025 on the institution’s letterhead
- Proof of residence/address
Closing Date for the Petra Diamonds Bursary:
The application deadline for the Petra Diamonds Bursary is 31 October. Ensure you submit your application before this date to be considered.
Contact Information for Petra Diamonds Bursary:
For any inquiries regarding this bursary program, please contact Career Wise, the program administrators:
- Telephone: 0860 100 7787 / 011 258 4464
- Email: email@example.com
You can also use the Career Wise contact form to reach out for assistance.