Check Online Application Status 2024-2025How to Apply Online 2024-2025Check Admission Requirements 2024-2025
Tvet Colleges Online Application Form

Bursaries Closing in March 2024

Application Forms 2024-2025
MBA South Africa
Study MBA in South Africa
 

de Beers Bursary South Africa 2024-2025

de Beers Bursary South Africa 2024-2025

Overview of De Beers Company

De Beers, founded in 1888 by Cecil Rhodes with financial backing from Alfred Beit and the N M Rothschild & Sons bank, traces its roots back to the discovery of the Eureka Diamond in 1866. It has grown into a global diamond powerhouse, with Anglo American holding an 85% share and the Republic of Botswana Government owning the remaining 15%. The company is involved in various aspects of the diamond industry, from mining to retail, and employs over 20,000 people across 35 countries. De Beers is responsible for about 35% of the world’s rough diamond sales.

See Also  Instagram Down in South Africa, Here's What You Can Do

De Beers Bursary Programme for 2024-2025

De Beers is offering bursaries to students from the Blouberg and Musina Municipalities for the 2024-2025 academic year, targeting those aiming for higher education in specific fields. These fields include:

  • Accounting
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Human Resources Management
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Metallurgy
  • Mineral Resource Management (Geology, Geotech, Survey)
  • Mining

A total of 7 bursaries will be awarded, with two specifically for Mining.

Bursary Coverage and Selection Process

The bursary covers all study-related expenses, including tuition, textbooks, and accommodation. Recipients also have the chance to engage in paid vacation work. The bursary is renewable annually based on academic performance. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed, and lack of feedback indicates an unsuccessful application.

See Also  UNISA Online Application Form 2024-2025 | University of South Africa

Eligibility Criteria

Applicants must:

  • Be from the Blouberg or Musina Municipality, Limpopo.
  • Have completed Matric.
  • Have a minimum APS score of 5 in Matric for Mathematics and Science.
  • Be pursuing a full-time qualification in one of the listed fields, entering their second year of study.
  • Study at a recognised University or University of Technology in South Africa.
  • Not receive other bursary funding.
  • HDSA students are given preference.

Application Process

To apply, submit the following documents:

  • Certified copy of the Matric certificate.
  • Full academic record/transcripts.
  • Curriculum Vitae.
  • Proof of residence in Blouberg or Musina Municipality.
  • Formal letter from the local municipality or Tribal Council confirming residence.
See Also  Cape Peninsula University of Technology CPUT Clinic Wellington

Applications can be submitted via email to dve.TSrecruitment@debeersgroup.com (subject: “De Beers Bursary Application 2024-2025”), at the Human Resources Office in Timbila, or through community drop-off boxes.

Closing Date

The application deadline is 21 January 2024-2025.

Contact Information

For queries, contact the De Beers Group Human Resources Department at 015 575 2691 or dve.TSrecruitment@debeersgroup.com.

Overview of MBA
Choosing Your MBA
MBA Schools in SA
How to Apply