About Canyon Coal:
Canyon Coal is a South African coal exploration and mining company with operations in various mining areas, including Gauteng and Mpumalanga. The company also has several exploration projects across South Africa. Annually, Canyon Coal produces approximately 2.5 million tons of coal from its collieries, including Hakhano Colliery, Singani Colliery, Khanye Colliery, and Phalanndwa Colliery. They are committed to improving mining practices and prioritize transparency in their operations.
Canyon Coal Khanye Colliery Bursary 2024-2025:
Canyon Coal Khanye Colliery Bursary is offering students the opportunity to apply for its Mining Industry External Bursary Scheme. For the academic year 2024-2025, the bursaries will be awarded in various fields of study related to the mining industry, including Electrical Engineering, Mining Engineering, Metallurgy, Mine Survey (BSc), Geology (BSc), and Environmental Science. There is a total of three bursaries available, one for each field of study.
The value of the bursary will vary for each applicant based on their financial need, taking into account tuition fees, registration fees, and other related study costs. Shortlisted candidates will receive further details about the value of their bursaries.
Eligibility Criteria for the Khanye Colliery Bursary:
To be considered for the Canyon Coal Khanye Colliery Bursary 2024-2025, applicants must meet specific eligibility criteria. Failing to meet any of these criteria will result in disqualification. It’s crucial to ensure that you fulfill these requirements before submitting your application. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Must be a South African citizen with a valid ID document.
- Must have either completed Matriculation or currently be in Matric.
- Must have received provisional acceptance into a university.
- For students currently studying at a tertiary institution, a minimum score of 65% in all major subjects is required.
Preference will be given to the following groups of applicants:
- Students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds residing in the Bronkhorspruit area.
- Students with financial need.
- Students from local tertiary institutions in Gauteng.
- Students with disabilities.
- Female students.
Final selection is at the discretion of Canyon Coal’s internal committee, and the list of selected bursars will be considered final.
How to Apply for the Khanye Colliery Bursary:
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can proceed with the application process. Follow these steps to apply for the Canyon Coal Khanye Colliery Bursary 2024-2025:
- Download and complete the official Canyon Coal Khanye Colliery Bursary Application Form.
- The application form consists of three sections. Complete all sections, providing accurate information about your personal details, academic achievements, and your family’s financial situation.
Prepare the following documents required for the bursary application:
- Valid ID document (certified copy).
- Matric results or Matric certificate (certified copies).
- Full tertiary academic records, including the latest results.
- Proof of registration at the tertiary institution.
- Fee statement.
- A motivational letter supporting your application (must be written on the form).
- Proof of income of parents/guardians (refer to the application form for accepted documents).
- Scan the completed application form and all required documents, then send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date of the Khanye Colliery Bursary:
The bursary application deadline is 7 October, at 17:00. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
Contact Details of the Bursar:
For further inquiries or more information about the bursary, you can contact Canyon Coal using the following contact details:
- Phone: 011 783 7996
- Email: email@example.com