FEM Bursary 2024-2025
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – FEM
Federated Employers Mutual Assurance Company (RF) Pty Limited (FEM) was founded in 1936 and provides specialized insurance cover for construction companies and their employees against injuries or illnesses contracted in the workplace. The FEM Education Foundation (FEMEF) is a non-profit organization founded in 2016 with the aim of making a significant impact on improving education in South Africa. The foundation has received R750 million to support its efforts.
ABOUT THE FEM BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
FEM is offering bursaries for the 2024-2025 academic year to students from disadvantaged backgrounds who cannot afford to fund their studies. The bursaries are available for fields in Engineering, Built Environment, and Health Sciences. These fields have been selected by FEM because they contribute to their sector.
ABOUT THE FEM BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED, RENEWABILITY & SERVICE CONTRACT
The FEM bursary covers tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, and a monthly stipend. Accommodation and meals may also be covered at FEM’s discretion.
The bursary is awarded for one academic year at a time and is renewable annually. Renewal is subject to factors such as completing registered modules, participating in community service, and FEM’s discretion. There is no work-back obligation after graduation, and students are free to pursue employment anywhere.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE FEM BURSARY
To be eligible for the FEM bursary, applicants must meet the following minimum criteria:
- South African citizenship
- Full-time enrollment in one of the specified fields
- Completion of the first year of study (bursary funding is not granted to first-year or postgraduate students)
- Enrollment at an approved South African institution or public university
- Total household income not exceeding R360,000 per year
- Strong academic record
- No outstanding fees or debts at the university from previous years
- No receipt of other bursaries, scholarships, or awards (partial or full)
- Financial need and inability to fund one’s studies
- Preference for students from disadvantaged backgrounds
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE FEM BURSARY
To apply for the FEM bursary:
- Complete the online application form on the FEM Bursary Application 2024-2025 page.
- When asked how you heard about the FEM bursary, enter “Uni24.co.za.”
- Submit clear copies of the required supporting documents with your online application. These documents include your South African ID document, most recent academic record, parents or guardians’ ID documents, proof of their income, proof of registration from the tertiary institution, and other relevant documents.
All certified documents must not be older than three months.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE FEM BURSARY
The closing date for applications is 20 January. Ensure that you apply before this date to be considered.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries about the FEM bursary program, please contact FEM directly:
- Head Office
- Tel: 011 359 4300
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates should consult the bursary FAQ’s before submitting any queries.