Johannesburg Water Bursary
ABOUT THE COMPANY – JOHANNESBURG WATER
Johannesburg Water SOC Ltd (JW), solely owned by the City of Johannesburg (CoJ), is a municipal entity that was incorporated in 2000 and began commencement of business operations in 2001. The company was formed with the goal of providing the over 5 million people of Johannesburg with accessibility to quality sanitation services and water.
Johannesburg Water supplies and distributes over 1500 megalitres of potable water every day, which is procured treated from Rand Water. JW operates across 6 regions, with 6 wastewater treatment plants and 10 network depots. The company employs around 2500 staff members and has a turnover of over R8 billion.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
Johannesburg Water will be awarding bursaries within the following fields of study:
- Civil Engineering (BEng Tech)
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current) (BEng Tech)
- Finance (B Com)
- Financial Accounting (B Com)
- Management Accounting (B Com)
The bursary will cover the following expenses: full tuition fees, residence and a cash allowance, students will also be able to partake in paid vacation work.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 30 days of the application deadline – if you do not receive any feedback within this time frame, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Completed your first year of study
- Studying at a recognized tertiary institution in Gauteng (University of Johannesburg/ University of Pretoria/ University of the Witwatersrand/ Tshwane University of Technology/ Vaal University of Technology)
- Good academic record
- Proven financial need
- Have NOT previously received bursary award or other study funding (except NSFAS)
- *Preference will be given to female students and students with disabilities
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Johannesburg Water Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
You will be required to submit copies of the following supporting documentation – if you are applying online: these documents must be uploaded to your online profile, if you are applying with the application form: you must attach copies of the documents and not originals (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record to date (certified copy)
- Official statement of results (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration/ admission
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed (certified copies)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Johannesburg Water Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
1 February 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Johannesburg Water directly:
Tel: 011 688 1400