African Exploration Mining and Finance Corporation (AEMFC) Bursary 2024-2025
About African Exploration Mining and Finance Corporation (AEMFC):
African Exploration Mining and Finance Corporation (AEMFC) is a state-owned mining company that operates the Vlakfontein mine, located within the Emalahleni Local Municipality in Mpumalanga, South Africa. AEMFC is currently a subsidiary of the Central Energy Fund (CEF) (SOC) Ltd, which was established to supply energy through mining and coal supply for electricity generation.
AEMFC Bursary Program:
African Exploration Mining and Finance Corporation (AEMFC) is offering bursary funding for the 2024-2025 academic year to students residing within the Emalahleni Local Municipality area. The bursaries will be awarded for studies that can be utilized at the mine, particularly in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) subjects and commercial fields.
To be eligible for the AEMFC Bursary, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- South African citizenship
- Aged between 16 and 25 years old
- Reside within the Emalahleni Local Municipality area, preferably in Phola, Ogies, Wilge, Kendal, and surrounding areas in Johannesburg
- Planning to study or already enrolled in a qualification in one of the specified fields in 2024-2025
- Accepted to study at a recognized and accredited South African tertiary institution
- Belong to a designated group
- Come from a disadvantaged background or a missing middle family with a total household income of less than R400,000 per annum
How to Apply:
To apply for the AEMFC Bursary, follow these steps:
- Prepare clear copies of the required supporting documentation. These documents are compulsory, and any missing items may disqualify your application:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate or Matric final results (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance to study in 2024-2025 (on institution’s letterhead)
- Academic record or results if currently studying
- Proof of residential address
- Parents or guardians’ proof of household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed or informally employed, grant slips if applicable)
- Send your application via email to: email@example.com
In the email subject line, insert “AEMFC Bursary Application 2024-2025.”
Please note that there is no specific application form to complete; applicants only need to submit the list of required documents mentioned above.
The closing date for the AEMFC Bursary is 30 January. Ensure that you submit your application before this date to be considered.
For inquiries related to this bursary program, you can contact AEMFC directly:
- Contact People: Mthokozisi Phewa / Ntsebe Nkotswe
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org