Cida Empowerment Trust Bursary 2024-2025
ABOUT THE COMPANY – CIDA EMPOWERMENT TRUST
The CIDA Empowerment Trust is dedicated to making a positive impact on impoverished communities by providing students with access to quality education. Over the past decade, the trust has awarded bursaries to more than 1,000 academically deserving students in South Africa. These bursaries typically cover the costs of a 4-year Bachelor of Education Degree or a 2-year Post Graduate Certificate, depending on the specific needs of the trust. In addition to financial support, the educational bursaries offered by the CIDA Empowerment Trust also include internship opportunities at partner schools.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE & OTHER OPPORTUNITIES
The CIDA Teacher Development Internship Programme targets students interested in pursuing careers in teaching Science or Mathematics. To be eligible, students must meet the necessary qualifications and intend to study at the University of Johannesburg.
Bursary recipients will receive funding for 2 years, which covers a range of expenses, including tuition fees (for part-time PGCE studies), accommodation, transportation, living expenses, prescribed books, stationery, laptops, and a monthly stipend.
In addition to financial support, students will have the opportunity to intern at prestigious private schools in Johannesburg, namely St John’s College and Roedean School SA. The internship will span the duration of the 2-year part-time PGCE qualification, and students will be assigned dedicated mentors to provide practical academic guidance and support.
Applicants must meet the following minimum eligibility criteria to be considered for the CIDA Teacher Development Internship Programme:
- South African citizenship
- Black student
- Completed Matric
- Pursuing or intending to pursue a qualification in Mathematics, Life Sciences, or Biological Sciences (Undergraduate or Postgraduate)
- Aspiring to specialize in teaching High School Science and Mathematics subjects
- Strong academic record
- Willingness to study part-time toward a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) at the University of Johannesburg
- Passionate and committed to a teaching career
- Capable of inspiring and leading others
- Effective communication skills
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications for the CIDA Teacher Development Internship Programme must be submitted online using the following link: CIDA Teacher Development Internship Programme Application Form
Applicants are required to submit clear copies of the following supporting documents along with their completed application form:
- Certified copy of ID document
- Certified copy of Matric certificate
- Certified copies of any other qualification certificates
- Full tertiary academic record
- Motivational letter explaining your interest in teaching (maximum 500 words)
- Motivational video introducing yourself (maximum 1 minute and 30 seconds)
The closing date for applications is 18 June. Please ensure that you apply before this date to be considered for the program. Late applications will not be accepted.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact the CIDA Empowerment Trust directly using the following contact details:
- Tel: 011 026 7261
- Fax: 0865 100 895
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org