Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust (CRET) Bursary 2024-2025
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – CYRIL RAMAPHOSA FOUNDATION & CRET
The Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust (CRET) Bursary Programme is administered by the Cyril Ramaphosa Foundation, an independent non-profit organization. The foundation’s primary focus is to improve the lives of South African youth and create opportunities through education and enterprise development.
The history of the Cyril Ramaphosa Foundation dates back to 1996 when President Cyril Ramaphosa began providing bursaries for disadvantaged students to attend university. These funds were earned from his public speaking engagements. In 2000, the Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust (CRET) was established, building on this mission.
ABOUT THE CRET BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust (CRET) Bursary Programme offers financial assistance to students from financially disadvantaged backgrounds who demonstrate strong academic results. The bursaries are awarded for undergraduate studies in various fields, including:
- Commerce and Finance
- Sciences (excluding MBChB)
- Scarce or critical skills training (including Boiler Making, Welding, Plumbing, OHS, Renewable Energy, Waste Management, Green Technology, Entrepreneurship, etc.)
The CRET bursary aims to support students who might not have access to other bursary programs. It considers the holistic needs of candidates and their potential to become future leaders with the right support, nurturing, and mentoring.
MORE ABOUT THE CRET BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED & SELECTION
The CRET Bursary covers various expenses, including tuition fees, textbooks, study materials, laptops, accommodation, meals, a monthly living allowance, and transport (if required). Candidates go through a formal assessment process, which may include psychometric evaluations and formal interviews.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CRET BURSARY
To qualify for the CRET Bursary, applicants must meet the following minimum criteria:
- South African citizenship
- Valid South African ID number
- Aged between 16 and 27 years old
- Currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- Studying or intending to study toward an undergraduate qualification in one of the listed fields
- Accepted or registered at a recognized and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- Financial need, with a total household income not exceeding R650,000 per annum
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE CRET BURSARY
Applications for the CRET Bursary must be submitted online through the application portal. Here are the steps to follow:
- Visit the Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust (CRET) Bursary Application portal for 2024-2025.
- Register an account if you are a new applicant. If you have previously registered, log in using your credentials.
- Complete the application form online and be sure to enter “Uni24.co.za” in the field asking how you heard about the CRET bursary.
- Submit the required supporting documents along with your application. Ensure that you provide clear certified copies of the requested documents, as listed in the application form.
- Your application will be assessed based on academic merit and financial need.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE CRET BURSARY
The closing date for CRET Bursary applications for the 2024-2025 academic year is 10 December 2023. Late applications will not be considered, so be sure to apply before the closing date.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
If you have any queries related to the CRET Bursary Programme, you can contact the Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust (CRET) directly:
- Tel: 011 592 6560
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical support with the online application process, you can contact Xhuma Support through their support platform: Xhuma Support.