Monocle Foundation Bursary 2024-2025
About the Monocle Foundation:
Monocle is an independent management consulting firm specializing in banking and insurance. Established in 2002, the company has offices in Johannesburg, Cape Town, London, and Amsterdam. In 2014, the Monocle Foundation was founded with the aim of providing tertiary funding to female students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds who are pursuing studies in fields relevant to Monocle.
About the Monocle Foundation Bursary Program:
The Monocle Foundation is offering bursaries for the 2024-2025 academic year to support previously disadvantaged black females pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate studies in various fields, including but not limited to:
- Computer Science
Bursary Coverage and Selection:
The bursary provides comprehensive financial support, covering tuition fees, a book and study material allowance, a laptop, accommodation, and a subsistence allowance. Additionally, recipients will receive career counseling and an MS Office course.
The selection process involves several steps:
- Telephonic screening with the Trust Administrator.
- Personal meeting with the Trust Administrator.
- One-on-one interview with one of the Trustees.
Candidates will be shortlisted by the Trustees, and all applicants will receive feedback on the outcome of their application.
Eligibility Requirements for the Monocle Foundation Bursary:
Applicants must meet the following minimum eligibility criteria:
- South African citizenship
- Black (African, Coloured, Indian, or Asian)
- Completed Matric
- Enrolled in or intending to pursue an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in one of the specified fields
- Second year of study or higher
- Studying at a recognized and accredited South African tertiary institution
- Demonstrated financial need with limited to no funding for education
How to Apply for the Monocle Foundation Bursary:
Applications must be submitted online via the Monocle Foundation Bursary 2024-2025 portal. When applying, indicate that you heard about the Monocle Foundation Bursary from “Uni24.co.za.”
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documents with your online application:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record/transcripts (on institution’s letterhead and stamped by the university)
- Degree certificate (if a postgraduate student, certified copy)
- Breakdown of funds required for 2024-2025 (including tuition fees, study support and books, accommodation, and subsistence allowance)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Letter addressing the Trustees of the Monocle Foundation Trust, including personal information, field of study, career ambitions, and motivation for why you should be awarded the bursary.
Closing Date for the Monocle Foundation Bursary:
The application deadline is 10 November. Late applications will not be accepted.
Contact Information for the Monocle Foundation:
For any inquiries related to this bursary program, please visit the Monocle Foundation Contact Page.