PPC Bursary 2024-2025
PPC Ltd, founded in 1892 as “De Eerste Cement Fabrieken Beperkt,” is a prominent supplier of cement and related products in southern Africa. The company boasts an annual production capacity of approximately 11.5 million tonnes of cement products and has played a pivotal role in numerous construction projects and iconic landmarks within the region.
PPC operates 11 cement factories in various locations across South Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Rwanda, Ethiopia, and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). The company’s involvement in the ready-mix sector includes 26 batching plants in Mozambique and South Africa. PPC’s materials business encompasses Pronto Readymix, Safika Cement, and 3Q Mahuma Concrete.
Furthermore, PPC Lime, a subsidiary of the PPC group, is one of the largest lime producers in the southern hemisphere.
ABOUT THE PPC BURSARY PROGRAM
The PPC bursary program offers support to students pursuing studies in the following mining-related fields:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Environmentally-oriented degrees
The bursary covers the full spectrum of study-related expenses, including tuition fees, accommodation, and meals. Upon graduation, bursary recipients are expected to work for PPC for a period equivalent to the duration of the bursary awarded.
To be eligible for the PPC bursary program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- South African citizenship
- Reside in the areas surrounding the PPC mine operations
- Completed Matric or currently in Matric
- Studying or intending to study in one of the specified fields of study
- Enrolled or planning to enroll full-time at a recognized South African University or University of Technology
- Meet the minimum entry requirements for admission to a tertiary institution in the chosen field of study
- For Engineering, Geology, and Science degree students: Minimum level 6 for Mathematics and Science in Matric
- Demonstrated financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
You can apply for the PPC bursary through one of the following methods:
- Online Application: Visit Career Wise’s online application portal, where you need to register an account and complete your application. Use promo code F2018.
- Hard Copy Application: Download and complete the PPC Bursary Application Form (.pdf).
Supporting documents, such as a certified copy of your ID document, passport-size photograph, Grade 11 final results (if applicable), Matric certificate (if applicable), proof of admission to a tertiary institution, and a full academic record to date (for current tertiary students), must be submitted with your application. If you apply online, these documents must be uploaded to your online profile. If applying with a hard copy form, attach copies of the documents (not originals).
Submit your application and documents via email to email@example.com, fax to 086 609 7183, or post to:
Career Wise (Pty) Ltd PO Box 30632 Braamfontein 2017
There is no specific closing date for the PPC bursary program. Applications are accepted throughout the year, and students are encouraged to apply at any time.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any inquiries regarding this bursary program, please contact Career Wise directly through the following contact details: