Title: Empowering Communities Through Education: SIOC-CDT Bursary Programme
Introduction: In an effort to uplift communities and provide educational opportunities to deserving individuals, the Sishen Iron Ore Company-Community Development Trust (SIOC-CDT) has been offering bursaries since its establishment in 2006. By investing in the development of beneficiary communities in the Northern Cape and Limpopo provinces, SIOC-CDT aims to create a brighter future through education. If you are a South African student from these regions and meet the eligibility criteria, this could be your chance to pursue your dreams and make a difference in your community.
Fields Covered: The SIOC-CDT Bursary Programme covers a wide range of fields, including but not limited to:
- Agriculture: Specializations such as agricultural economist, agricultural engineer, food technologist, and more.
- Business Management and Economics: Accounting, actuarial science, auditing and tax, economics, project management, and statistics.
- Education: Foundation Phase, Natural Science, FET Mathematics, FET Physical Science, Economics and Management Science, Language, and Special Needs.
- Engineering and Science: Architecture, civil engineering, electrical engineering, environmental health, geology, quantity surveying, and town planning.
- Health and Clinical-related Sciences: Advanced EMS, biochemistry, medical lab sciences, dentistry, nursing, pharmacy, and more.
- Information Technology: Computer sciences and communication, data science or analytics, software development, and web design.
- Law: LLB.
- Tourism: Arts and Culture Heritage, Ecotourism Management, and Hospitality Management.
Expenses Covered and Selection Process:
The SIOC-CDT bursary provides financial assistance for various expenses, including registration and tuition fees, prescribed study material, accommodation, and a stipend each quarter. Additionally, students with disabilities will receive assistive devices to support their learning journey.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview. If you haven’t received any feedback by 1 March , kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
Eligibility Requirements: To be considered for the SIOC-CDT Bursary Programme, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- South African citizen under the age of 35.
- Reside in or originate from a beneficiary area within the Northern Cape or Limpopo provinces.
- Currently in Matric or have completed Matric.
- Intending to pursue an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification in one of the listed fields.
- Minimum overall average of 65% in the most recent academic results.
- Accepted to study at a recognized public institution in South Africa in .
- Demonstrate financial need with a household income of less than R600,000 per year.
- Preference given to students with disabilities and undergraduate students.
How to Apply: There are four ways to apply for the SIOC-CDT Bursary Programme:
- Apply online through the SIOC-CDT Bursary Application portal.
- Download and complete the SIOC-CDT Bursary Application Form (PDF).
- Collect the application form from SIOC-CDT offices in Kathu or Thabazimbi Hub.
- Collect the application form from the nearest circuit office of the Department of Education.
Ensure that you indicate “Uni24.co.za” as the source of referral in your application.
Remember to submit clear copies of the required supporting documentation, including your ID document, academic records, proof of acceptance, motivational letter, proof of residence, and parents’ or guardians’ proof of income.
The deadline for submitting your application is 13 January. Be sure to apply before this date to ensure your application is considered.
For any inquiries regarding the SIOC-CDT Bursary Programme, please visit the SIOC-CDT Contact Page.
The SIOC-CDT Bursary Programme offers a golden opportunity for South African students from beneficiary communities to pursue their higher education dreams. By investing in education and supporting a wide range of fields, SIOC-CDT aims to empower individuals and uplift communities. Don’t miss out on this chance to make a difference in your life and contribute to the development of your community. Apply for the SIOC-CDT Bursary Programme today and embark on a transformative educational journey.