TETA Bursary Online Application South Africa 2024-2025
South Africa is the land of opportunities. And one such opportunity is the TETA Bursary Scheme that aims to empower students from disadvantaged backgrounds. This article will equip you with all information you need about how to apply for Teta bursary in South Africa. The bursary scheme exists to help students from disadvantaged backgrounds, who otherwise would not have access to higher education, by granting them financial assistance for study purposes.
The TETA Bursary Scheme was launched on 1 April 2017 as a joint initiative between the Terrestrial Energy and the Department of Science and Technology. Under this scheme, up to R 100,000 can be granted per tertiary institution per academic year. However, only tertiary institutions are eligible to receive these grants. This means public universities and private providers like vocational schools are not able to apply for the bursary scheme.
Click on the ‘Apply/Register’ link to start creating a user account.
Click on the ‘Next” to continue.
Complete your details and create a password then click ‘Create’.
The system will display a success message then you will receive an SMS confirming registration. Click ‘Ok’ to proceed.
- Login and LogoutClick ‘Login’ and capture your username and password followed by clicking ‘Login’
To log out of the system, click on your name, then click ‘Logout’
- Personal DetailsAfter successfully logging in, complete your profile starting with with personal details
- Address DetailsCapture your address details (residential and postal)
- High School DetailsCapture your high school details
- Matric DetailsCapture your matric results
- Next of Kin DetailsAdd your next of kin details and click submit
Once complete, the system will display a success message with a button to continue with your application
- Step 1: Qualification DetailsCapture your qualification details
- Step 2: Other SponsorsIf you do not have another sponsor, select ‘No’ and click ‘Save’
If you have another sponsor, select ‘Yes’ and capture the funding information and click ‘Save’
Upload all the requires documents. Only upload pdf document not more than 2MB.
As a last step, you can select ‘Accept’ if you agree with the terms and conditions.
The system will display a success message and you will receive and SMS that your application has been received. Click ‘Ok’ to proceed.
You can also select ‘Decline’, to cancel the application if you disagree with the terms and conditions